February 7, 2010

A Quick Note..

I just wanted to post a quick update for everyone. I'm getting ready to head out the door to relieve Darin from his weekend shift!

Benjamin is doing superb! Today was so much better for him than yesterday. Sometime early this morning while Darin was sleeping and the nurse was away, Benny decided he didn't need his oxygen anymore and pulled out his canula and threw it on the ground! So, a little later on Darin discovered this and it was decided by the doctor that he didn't need it anymore. I guess Benjamin does know best! Today he also had both of his drainage tubes removed and his line in his neck. So now, all he has left in him is the line in his hand and in his foot! He's been much happier today and even smiled for Daddy. The doctor has finally given the go ahead to allow him to eat and drink whatever he wants now so he's a happy camper! We are optimistic for a Tuesday discharge, but if that doens't happy, it will almost definitely be Wednesday. Darin told me that there is such a difference in him between yesterday and today so I'm excited to go see my little man! I'm going a little stir crazy being away (if that even makes sense)! I will most likely not be back home until Benny is discharged. Since Darin is returning to work tomorrow there is no one to relieve me but that is okay...it won't be too much longer. But it might mean you will have to wait for an update until I return home! I will continue to post on Facebook when I can though, so check there too!

Thanks again for all of your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?!