February 4, 2010

Benjamin's Admitted

Benjamin was admitted to Christus Santa Rosa Children's Hospital this afternoon. Overall, he did very well there today. Cried a little when they tried to take his vitals (he doesn't like that at all), but then he got to play for a bit in his room. They brought him some toys! They also have a playroom there that he can play in too so it makes it a little easier on us parents to entertain him! They took him around 5:30p to go put his IV in, and that took about 30 minutes, which gave Darin and I a chance to eat some dinner. He came back with a bubble on his hand. It's sad but actually a bit cute too! It doesn't seem to bother him too much either so that's good! Around 6:30p the lab people came by to take some blood from him. Needless to say he did NOT like that at all. And I, being the wonderful mom I am, had to act as bad guy and hold his legs down while daddy sat on the bed and watched TV. We got a great nurse though and she found his vein instantly! That was a first for us! They usually have to fish for his vein or redo it because they lose it. And to top it all off, the lab nurse came back about 45 minutes later to get a little more because they needed a new sample for blood typing or something. Luckily, that was just a finger poke!

Finally, around 7:45p, he got a sponge bath, and got his cute little gown on. Yes, they have little infant gowns, it's adorable! I'll try to remember to take a picture of it if I get the chance! After that, a little milk, and then a little rocking with mommy. He was out in about 5 minutes. Poor little guy was exhausted! I left the hospital a little after 9p, and Darin is staying the night with him. I'll be back at the hospital around 6a tomorrow morning to make sure I have some time to spend with him before they take him, which should be around 7am. They hope to start the surgery around 9a and finish up around lunch time. I will make sure to post an update as soon as I can! I will also update the facebook throughout the morning. Well, I better be off to bed now! Thank you all for your prayers and we hope to report great news tomorrow! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?!